Saturday, May 11, 2013

Time Lapse

Welcome back, Constant Readers!

Firstly, I must apologize for the lengthy hiatus between my initial posts in July 2010 and this current ramble, being composed sometime in the wee hours of May 11, 2013. Now, please don't think that I've forgotten you in the interim - far from it. It's more that I forgot myself. Honestly, I'm not sure what I've been doing since then... sleeping, I dare say, and having some fairly annoying dreams, most of which involve bears and scorpions. I suppose I've been working a bit as well, but that hardly seems to have any bearing on anything, it's just something one does.

Oh, I moved from one place to another a couple years ago, took forever unpacking, made plans to do stuff with the house which I had neither the energy nor the finances to accomplish, met someone, had a complicated relationship which has now been downgraded to a friendship, and withdrew from most of my social circle as an energy-conservation measure. My creative efforts have largely been stymied and my day-to-day existence consists mostly of worrying about day-to-day existence. But, as I said, I've never forgotten my obligation to the grand and noble endeavor upon which we fellow-travelers embarked all those months ago, and it is with great pleasure that I announce my triumphant return.

You may cheer and/or applaud at this point.

Now, for some initial results: Nearly three years later, the experiment seems to be a complete success (but it may be too soon to say). I haven't posted anything, and no one has started following what I haven't written. This entirely validates my theories, and confirms some of my deepest inner feelings of void-like emptiness. However, as I have discovered in life, nearly anything is bearable, so long as you know you were right about it.

As I said, not a great deal has been accomplished lately, and the paucity of my postings is weighing on me, so until such time as current events merit their own cryptic posts I'm going to resort to posting various things from my 'back catalogue' - a wide assortment of written, visual, and musical thingamajigs™ which I trust will serve to distract and entertain you, as well as provide a false impression that I am, in fact, a productive person who actually does things every day... and not some lazy sod who spends days at a time in bed watching dreadful programs on Netflix and whiling away the hours until the inevitable end.

Are you ready to be deceived? Then we'll begin. (NOTE: Although I initially did most of these things in chronological order, I can't remember what that order was now, so these postings will be essentially random. With the best things first, of course - and with the hope that I'll come up with new and even more brilliant stuff before we wind up scraping the bottom of the barrel!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive feedback. Yes, I do.